Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Destination: Baltimore

Baltimore has always been one of my favorite cities. Nothing compares to that first sight of that big red "Domino Sugars" sign glowing over the the water as you cruise down the I-95 toward the Inner Harbor. I've spent quite a lot of time taking in the city. These are some places I love--and some places I'd love to check out.

1.Rocket to Venus
3360 Chestnut Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21211
www.rockettovenus.com

This former corner bar, now a favorite of John Waters, has an irresistible back-story. In 1928, a trio of locals built a backyard rocket and attempted to blast off for Venus. While the mission failed, their visionary spirit lives on in the retro-futuristic décor of Rocket to Venus--and in a menu that’s loveably offbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment